Holy Cross College of Carigara
Holy Cross College of Carigara is a private school in the Municipality of Carigara, Leyte. Plans for establishing the school started in 1944 as a response to the demand for a Catholic high school in the area. The Holy Cross Academy (HCA) first opened in 1945 and was managed by the Benedictine Sisters (OSB) of the Holy Infant Academy in Tacloban. A few years later, a kindergarten department and a Normal Course department were added to the school. From the OSB sisters, the administration was turned over to the Religious Sisters of Mercy (RSM) in the 1970s then to the Diocese in the 1980s.