This Day in History of SHS – August 6, 1956
At 3:30 PM, the seminarians went to the Palacio to join the waiting crowd for the long parade to the new seminary. Archbishop Julio Rosales of Cebu, Bishop Lino Gonzaga of Palo, Manuel Mascariñas of Tagbiliran, Manuel del Rosaio of Calbayog, Epifanio Surban of Dumaguete were present. Msgr. Mascariñas was given the honor of blessing the new buildings as the seminary’s founder, while Msgr. Gonzaga officiated the Mass of Thanksgiving.